Friday, July 12, 2013

Six-Sided Sampler Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Show Respect For Your Body
My final arrival time back in Denver was yesterday morning at 5 a.m.  I was exhausted!  When I was a lot younger I could stay up late and get up early and somehow be coherent and energetic.  That's not the case now!  I slept for about 2 hours once I arrived home, but my body clock was all upside down.  So I got up and walked Buddy and then spent most of the day on the couch.  Then my body decided it was time to go on strike and I began to have my classic migraine systems.  My body was letting me know that I had not shown it the respect it requires and I was paying the consequences.  I was in bed, with lights out, by 8 pm last night.  I slept almost 10 hours and am feeling a lot better today!  I'm still taking things slowly but expect that by tomorrow I will feel like myself again.  Time in the craft room is definitely a relaxing way to spend the day!
I began with a Chocolate Chip card base and stamped it with the Chevron background stamp and Illuminate ink.  Next I added a torn piece of Venetian Romance designer paper and a crumpled piece of Very Vanilla card stock.  I stamped the six-sided image with half-strength Chocolate Chip ink and punched it out with the Hexagon punch.  Next came a stamped greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto Pistachio Pudding card stock cut into a small banner.  I added a neutral button with a glue dot.  Next I stamped some lines from Gorgeous Grunge onto the card and finished with some Early Espresso baker's twine.  I hope you like it and I hope you have a wonderful and creative weekend!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Hope you're back to feeling yourself soon. Not fun to have a weekend when you're not up to par. I love the colors of this card.