Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happy 50th Birthday Card!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Remember, You Can Always Close The Door
This past weekend I had a friend come to visit from London (yippeee!)!  I had a very long list of things I wanted to get done before she arrived, not the least of which was to try to get my office and craft room looking a bit more presentable.  And, it was causing me quite a bit of stress as the time was ticking away and the rooms weren't looking any better because I was also trying to get videos filmed and work done.  Finally, on Friday, at my dentist appointment, the receptionist and I were chatting and I mentioned my stress.  Her response?  Remember, you can always just close the door!  What a relief!  She was right.  It's not that I gave up on the idea of straightening.  I just put it all into perspective - recognizing that yes, I could close the door and we wouldn't have to look at the piles of paper and scattered art supplies.  I also remembered that my friend wasn't coming to see neat and tidy offices!  She was coming to be with us.  And that is the most important thing of all! :)  Remember, you can always close the door and enjoy the neat, clean and uncluttered door :)
Today I am sharing the card I made for my brother for his 50th birthday!!!!!!  It is such a significant milestone for so many people and it has particular meaning for us since my father passed away just one month shy of his 50th birthday.  It's hard to imagine that my brother is now older than my dad had the opportunity of being.  I am so blessed to have shared this time with my brother and I am hoping for many more beautiful years to come!  The card began with a Midnight Muse card base.  I stamped Soft Sky at full and half strength onto Whisper White card stock using a stamp from Gorgeous Grunge.  The edges were then sponged with Midnight Muse.  Next I took the numbers from ABC-123 Sketch Alphabet & Numbers and stamped them on the background with Midnight Muse ink.  A 2 1/2" circle was punched and then stamped with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp as well.  I then mounted the circle onto a piece of Midnight Muse card stock that was die cut with the framelits Window Frames Collection.  I added some brads in the corners with a paper piercing tool.  Finally, I adhered the numbers that were die cut using the Typeset Alphabet Bigz dies.  I hope you like it!

No comments: