Monday, September 23, 2013

Summer Silhouettes Thank You Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It Can Be Right In Front Of You And You Don't Even See It!
Buddy and I tend to travel some of the same routes on our morning walks.  Mind you, Buddy has been with us for over 10 years, so that's a lot of traveling the same streets and sidewalks over the years.  This morning, though, we were at a corner we are often at and I noticed the amazing way that the rust was patterned on the side of a telephone pole.  Just incredible!  And, inspiring!  I took a quick photo to inspire a card or art project in the future and then I just wondered over the thought that we pass that pole all the time and yet I had never truly SEEN it!  I know this must happen in every aspect of my life - filtering out that which is right in front of me - missing what could be incredible and inspiring.  So today I am opening my eyes and my awareness a little wider - wondering what is right there in front of me that I may not be seeing.
Today's card began with playing around with the new decorative blades for the Stampin' Trimmer rotary addition.  I cut some Rich Razzleberry card stock with the tiny wave blade and then decided I needed to make the pieces into a card!  So, I adhered the pieces to a Whisper White card base and then began stamping a flower from Summer Silhouettes all over the card using Rich Razzleberry ink at full and half strength.  The card started to look like a hot mess to me, but I kept going, ignoring my inner critic...and I'm glad I did!  Next came a punched white circle and a white heat embossed sentiment from Petite Pairs that I punched out with the Bracket Label Punch.  A few adhesive rhinestones and some organza ribbon added a touch of elegance.  I hope you like it!

No comments: