Tuesday, September 17, 2013

L'Chayim Bar Mitzvah Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I Need A Community
The group at the park.  Our neighbors.  My friends that I've met from far and wide on the internet.  What I realize is that I need a community - the ability to feel a part of something greater than myself.  I do enjoy my alone time - probably more than the average person.  I seem to be most at home in the quiet, surrounded by nature and the amazing creatures that are sharing their lives with me.  And yet, even in the midst of my greatest peace, I recognize the need to connect with others.  As Colorado deals with the incredible flooding that has befallen the state in the past week, I am also amazed at the power of community - the ability of people to work together to get through whatever they encounter.  Yes, I need a community.
Today's card was in response to a request to make a Bar Mitzvah card.  I turned to a great stand-by retired stamp set, L'Chayim, to create the card.  The torah image was stamped onto Pacific Point card stock with VersaMark and then heat embossed using silver embossing powder.  The sentiment was stamped using Pacific Point ink onto Whisper White card stock.  The card was created by layering Pacific Point, Smoky Slate and Whisper White.  Did you notice the Square Lattice embossing folder that I used to emboss the background piece of Pacific Point card stock?  I love the added texture! :)  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: