Friday, September 13, 2013

Patchwork Denim Bookmark



Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes In The Process Of Cleaning You Find Yourself Creating!
I admit that my favorite activity in the craft room is not cleaning.  I am, however, learning to rethink this since I am finding that cleaning often leads me to creating.  That was the case with this bookmark.  You may remember the hot pads that I shared with you last week?  Well, there were quite a few scraps of denim fabric scattered around the craft room and I finally decided it was time to clean them up.  So I got down on the floor (yes, that is where the scraps were - I had set up my fabric cutting station in one little area on the floor) and I started to pile up the scraps.  Well, as I was piling them I began to notice how pretty they all seemed to look together.  Then I came across some errant threads that had been pulled from the edge of one of the denim pieces.  I balled up the thread and wondered, "Can I use fusible web to adhere this clump together and then adhere it to another piece of fabric?"  All it took was the one question and those scraps looking so pretty together and the cleaning stopped and the creating began!  Here is the result - actually the result was two-fold.  The bookmark is now being used in the latest novel I am reading and the scraps are off the floor due to the creative session :)  Sometimes in the process of cleaning you find yourself creating!  I hope you have a wonderfully creative weekend!  For those of you celebrating the holiday of Yom Kippur, I wish you a safe and easy fast!  May you be inscribed and sealed in the Book of Life for a wonderful New Year!

1 comment:

TiaraHelen said...

Greetings from the UK. Hope you are not suffering from floods where you are, Michelle.