Tuesday, October 08, 2013

That's The Ticket Halloween Card


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Do Your Best And Forget The Rest! - Tony Horton
Well, we've gone ahead and done it.  We've started P90X again...yikes!  For those of you unfamiliar with P90X, it is a very intense workout program that lasts for 90 days (if you do the workouts everyday) and gets you into amazing shape in the process.  We felt like we needed to get back into exercising and we found our last time through P90X to be pretty beneficial.  So, here we are again.  It was interesting to listen to my internal (and external) voice as we were engaged in our first workout (chest & back).  I called myself a "wimp," told myself that I was weak, wanted to give up time and time again.  Michael helped keep me going and so did Tony Horton - the amazingly motivating coach who designed the workouts and who leads you through the videos.  He continuously says, "Do your best and forget the rest!"  I needed reminding of that.  Thank you Tony!  I did the best I could do for the first workout (keeping in mind that I wanted to swim the next day so I didn't want to push myself so hard that I wouldn't be able to move my arms!).  I'm not sure you could say I'm excited about the next workout...but I know I will bring my best and forget the rest.  It's a wonderful lesson to carry into new creative endeavors too - new techniques, new skills, new supplies - just do your best and forget the rest :)
For today's card I wanted to create a non-traditional Halloween card and the combination of Lovely As A Tree with That's The Ticket seemed to do the trick!  I also used some non-traditional colors - Smoky Slate and Night of Navy.  This is one of the cards that we'll be making at my upcoming Halloween Stamp-a-Stack.  I hope you like it!

No comments: