Thursday, October 03, 2013

Witches Broom Halloween Treat


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Relax and Try Not To Be So Rigid
I am learning so much from my swim classes.  The other day I was working on my back stroke and my arms were just not doing what they needed to be doing.  I was trying so hard.  So I stopped and told my coach that I thought I was trying too hard and that it was getting in my way.  She said that I needed to relax and try not to be so rigid.  Wow!  Talk about a whole life lesson!  Relax and try not to be so rigid.  Just think about that.  Rigidity infects so many areas of my life - my work, my art...my exercise.  What would it mean to relax into something?  To release the stiffness and see what happens?  I tried it in the pool...and everything seemed to flow into place.  Next stop, the craft room!  Who knows what will happen if I allow myself to release some of my stiffness as I am creating! :)
For my upcoming Halloween Stamp-a-Stack I decided to make a witches broom halloween treat :)  I had discovered this video on YouTube by Diana Gibbs (there are quite a few videos out there on how to make these brooms) and then I saw a cute idea by Kadie Labadie to use a licorice stick instead of a lollipop!  Of course I couldn't stop there :)  I decided I needed to make some adjustments because I wanted my broom to be able to stand on its own and I also wanted to provide a bit more candy in the treat.  So, I used a small cello bag that I filled with candy corn and through some creative maneuvering and disguise, I was able to make it all work! :)  I used one of the stamps from Gorgeous Grunge to "dirty" things up and then used the witch from Halloween Hello and the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes (I just wanted to type Teeny Tiny "Witches!" :)  I hope you like it!
P.S.  Head on over to Stampin' Up!s blog to learn about today's Thursday deal on washi tape!!!!!!!!!  

No comments: