Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Let Color Inspire You!
I have been in love with the Venetian Romance designer series paper since I first set eyes on it.  Okay, love might be a strong word for designer series paper...but there was just something about it!  The more I think about it, the more I realize it was the combination of those beautiful colors that really drew me in.  So I decided to use a similar color palette for this card that I created for my Thanksgiving Stamp-a-Stack last weekend.  Island Indigo, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding and Early Espresso....sounds like a wonderful meal on a Caribbean Island! :)  I rolled out the gingham wheel and the grass stamp from the Wetlands stamp set.  I added more pattern and texture with the scallop punch and the chevron embossing folder.  The sentiment is from Label Love.  Yup, color can definitely inspire you if you let it!!!!
I hope you have an incredibly wonderful weekend!  As I am writing this (on Monday, November 18), I am sitting in a hotel room in Kansas City, thinking about where I will be when you are all finally reading this!  I plan on being at home (if the Universe helps me out), enjoying a wonderful weekend and holiday week surrounded by love and warmth!  There's no place like home!!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stunning colour combination; just gorgeous, Michelle! Hope you're home and getting ready to have a wonderful weekend with your loved ones. Wishing you and yours a fabulous Thanksgiving. I, for one, am very grateful that you, your gorgeous creations, and your words of wisdom, are part of my life. XOXOX Doris