Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Scrappy Happy Day Smile Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Treat Your Scraps Like Leaves...Jump In!
I have some very happy memories of piling up leaves and jumping in them this time of year! :)  I love the crunch, krinkle, crunch sounds that the leaves make when you walk on them and the whooshing sound they make as they fall from the trees!  This is one of my most favorite times of the year!!!!!
I realize that my craft table is a lot like this season.  Things - mostly paper scraps - are constantly falling onto my table top and the crunch, krinkle, crunch sounds happen whenever I try to hunt for something buried on the table :)  So the other day I decided to treat my paper scraps like leaves and just jump in!  I picked and pulled scraps that caught my eye and just began piling them up!  This card began with a piece of card stock that I had bleach stamped using the Off the Grid stamp.  I then piled on punched bits and scrappy pieces and added the smile sentiment from the Happy Day stamp set.  I even added a touch of script stamping from the By the Tide stamp set.  This is a card that I would never have put together had I had a clean craft table :)  I thank the season and my messy craft table for encouraging me to jump in! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your projects, and blog entries, always make me smile. I could just picture you jumping into your pile of paper scraps. :-) One would never guess that your card wasn't planned from the start; all the elements work so well together. --Doris