Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Sketch Alphabet Happy Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  What Are You Looking At?!
I think the Universe is trying to tell me something.  Last week I saw the most beautiful leaves that I would have missed had I not been paying attention to where I was.  The same thing happened to me this morning as I was eating my breakfast and looking out the window.  A bird I had never seen before - a mountain bluebird I believe - came to eat for a bit at one of our feeders.  These days it is so easy for me to be distracted - to have my attention diverted by some type of electronic device (as your attention is diverted now...reading this...and mine, typing this).  I take my smart phone on my walks with me.  I tell myself that it is just in case of an emergency and yet I find myself checking email as I'm walking or I will pause to sit in a park and within minutes the phone is out and I start surfing.  Ugh!  I am not pleased with this behavior I've been exhibiting and I am very grateful that the Universe is sending me signs that I need to pay attention to where my attention is.  How unfortunate it would have been had I missed the gorgeous leaves or that precious bird.  I've gotta finish typing this...there might be something out my window that I am not seeing because I am too busy looking at this screen!
Today's card began with a scrap piece of Very Vanilla card stock that I found on my craft table.  I had been inking up some vellum card stock earlier in the week and it takes awhile for ink to dry on vellum.  So, rather than wait, I decided to just rub this piece of card stock over the wet vellum and this is the "monoprint" that I ended up with.  I decided it would be the perfect backdrop for a simple birthday card so I just stamped the letters from the Sketch Alphabet set using Midnight Muse ink.  So simple :)

No comments: