Thursday, January 02, 2014

Branching Out With Different Media


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Branch Out!
The idea to branch out snuck up on me :)  I randomly came across some videos by a few artists and the gears started to turn.  Then I found a few dvd's by Bill Buchman and watched mesmerized as he drew with pastels and painted with watercolors!  So much inspiration!  I couldn't help myself!  So, I decided to start to play with some media that I am not used to - something different from my usual "go to" ink and paper.  And I'm having a lot of fun experimenting!  (By the way...hard pastels are very messy!!!!!).  So maybe my first lesson for 2014 is to branch out.  To try something new - something that intrigues or inspires me.  Who knows where it will lead!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous colors and composition. Happy New Year!