Monday, April 14, 2014

Floral Art Journal Page


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes our mind is thinking of one thing and our body is doing another, and mind and body are not unified. - Thich Nhat Hanh
Ain't that the truth!  This is an ailment I am often afflicted with - my mind and body not being unified.  Maybe that's why I love art-making so much.  Because when I am making art I feel like I am one - aligned - in sync.  I am reading the book Peace Is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh and right now I am learning about breath - how to be conscious of my breath - how to allow my breath to bring me back to a unified place where my mind and body are working together.  I am so grateful for the practice of making art because it is a meditation - if we allow it to be.  We can allow our art to be our guide - taking us where it wants to - allowing ourselves to be a passenger on a wonderful journey!
Today I am sharing another art journal page that I created for Paper Crafter's Library.  This page took me on quite the journey and it became quite thick in the process!  It now acts as the "front" of my art journal since it is difficult to close my art journal with this page inside :)  Full step-by-step videos of the process are available to members of Paper Crafter's Library.  To learn more about membership, feel free to click on the link in the upper right-hand corner of my blog.
To those of you beginning the celebration of the Passover holiday this evening, I wish you a wonderful and meaningful holiday!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Wow! I love the way you used complimentary colors. Those flowers just pop!

Asiwriteibreathe said...

Beautiful art my dear. Thanks for the lesson, you are so right. I'm sur this will look terrific on the front of a journal indeed. xo