Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ink Painting on Watercolor Paper

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Do You See What I See?
I began by spraying a piece of watercolor paper with some water and then swiping the paper with a few different ink pads.  Next I let it dry and sprayed it with some fixative so that I could layer more ink on top of the first layer without having everything run together and create mud.  I did that a number of times and this is the resulting piece.  I wonder what you would do with this piece of inked watercolor paper?  Maybe you would cut it up and create some backgrounds.  Maybe you would journal on top of it.  Maybe you would set it aside without a clue of what to do with it!  That's the beauty of art.  Each of us would likely do something different because we each see something different.  I ended up taking pictures of the piece as I was working on it and that's when I saw her!  I decided to take one of the photos I took and printed it out on the computer in black and white.  Can you see her now?

She's there - on the left-hand side of the page.  Maybe you can see her face and some of her features.  I adhered her to a piece of watercolor paper and now she is waiting to be brought to life some more.  I will continue to let her inspire me and will share her with you when I'm done.  In the meantime I wanted to share with you what I saw.  Do you see what I see?

No comments: