Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Blended Bloom Thank You Card Using Blendabilities

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Every thought you produce; Anything you say, any action you do; It bears your signature.  -Thich Nhat Hanh
What a beautiful quote for all of us who create art with our hands.  Any action you do bears your signature.  You are putting your intention - your energy - into everything.  On my recent exploration into Ayurveda and cooking, this concept also came up for me.  The idea that a cook puts their energy into the food that they make.  The idea that if you cook your own food you can be aware and mindful of the energy you are placing into your food.  The energy is ingested with the food.  I imagine the same is true of the cards we send and give.  The energy we put into them is transferred to the recipient.  What signature do your thoughts, words and actions say about you?
 Today I am sharing my first attempt at coloring using the Blendabilities and the Blended Bloom stamp!  I stamped the image using Memento ink and then colored in the flower with a variety of the Blendabilities colors.  I also used the Color Lifter to add some additional shading.  I was really happy with how the color worked on the Whisper White card stock.  I know that I have a lot of learning to do, but I was taught that if the color bleeds through to the back of the card stock you are blending an appropriate amount.  I should have taken a picture of the back of the flower because I had a good amount of color bleeding through to the back of the flower.  Of course this means that you will likely always be using Blendabilities for layering on cards or you would have to add some type of decorative panel on the inside of the card if you chose to use the Blendabilities directly on the card front.  Blendabilities should be available for purchase sometime later this month!  I will definitely keep you posted...and hopefully I'll continue to perfect my skills :)

No comments: