Friday, June 06, 2014

Woven Painted Paper Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Wake Up And Create!
Yesterday morning I woke up very early.  I had traveled earlier in the week and my internal clock is a bit out of whack.  I was lying in bed staring at the ceiling and finally decided I should just go into the craft room and start painting.  My wonderful friend Doris provided me with some beautiful papers and I have thoroughly been enjoying using some of them to paint on.  The textures are wonderful!  So I took out a piece of the textured paper and began playing with layers - paint, stamping, drawing with permanent ink, tissue paper, gesso...I kept adding until I was pleased with the result.  Layering is really fascinating to me right now.  Layering is like life.  You can be pleased one moment and the next minute you are totally unhappy with how things are going...but if you just keep going you may find yourself in a beautiful new place that you never expected.  I'm glad I kept going :)
Once the paper was dry I decided to cut it into strips and do some paper weaving.  I even punched a butterfly from the paper to add to the card.  What did I learn?  Sometimes the perfect thing to do is wake up and create! :)

1 comment:

marmariscrafts said...

great idea:)