Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Bloom With Hope Creating Pretty Cards - Sketch Challenge #36

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes You Need To Push Yourself To Places You Don't Think You Can Go!
Swimming is teaching me so much about myself and about life in general.  Earlier this week I went to swim class and we were doing 50m intervals.  I hadn't been swimming much due to all of my work travel so I was a bit concerned at my ability to maintain stamina for eight intervals!  So I began by telling myself to just take it slow.  Sure enough, my first interval was my slowest.  But as we continued through the intervals I got faster and faster - with the last one being my fastest.  Afterwards my coach talked about how going out slow is challenging because once you are going slow it's hard to motivate yourself to pick up the pace.  Instead, if you go out fast and set a faster cadence, it's easier to maintain that pace and, if you can't, at least your slower pace will likely not be that slow since you have the seconds from your faster earlier pace still going for you.  I know the same is true about creating art.  It's easy to go slow...or not at all!  To go into the craft room and just sit and stare.  What if we were bold and just picked up the nearest ink color, stamp, paintbrush, clay and just did something - out of the gate just moving fast?  What would happen?  We can always go a bit more slowly once we start out with our fastest cadence.  I might have to give this a try!  I'll let you know what happens :)
Today I am sharing my card for the Creating Pretty Cards - Sketch Challenge #36 over at Craft Project Central.  I've really been enjoying the Bloom With Hope hostess set and my Stampin' Blendabilities.  There is something very peaceful about coloring :)  I also love that you can use your Blendabilities to color adhesive pearls, rhinestones, even the faceted buttons!  Nothing is safe ;)  Head on over to Craft Project Central and participate in the challenge.  You might win a free month membership!

No comments: