Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Painted Paper Book Covers



Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Make Pretty From Your Messy :)
I have become a big fan of having a scrap piece of paper covering my craft table at all times.  I wipe paintbrushes off on it.  Stamp off stamps on it.  Scribble on it when I am trying to think through ideas.  I used to recycle the paper and then, the more I left it on the table, the more I liked all of the random colors, marks, shapes and patterns that began showing up.  Now I treasure those papers and sometimes even intentionally add paint, ink, gesso to them.  I decided to use one of the papers today.  This is the back side of a piece of freezer paper that had been on my craft table.  I cut it into two pieces and used it to cover two pieces of Davey board (board that you can use for bookmaking).  I have no idea how I am going to go about making a book out of the covers, but I have been doing a little reading and research and I decided making the covers was a good first step!  For the inside papers for the covers I used some beautiful handmade paper that my wonderful friend Doris had given me.  Can't wait to see where I go next with this book!  I will keep you posted!  I'm having fun making pretty from my messy :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

That's going to be one gorgeous book. Can't wait to see!