Friday, November 21, 2014

Mini-Collage Challenge #10

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Use Ephemera From Your Travel To Memorialize Your Journey
Today I am sharing my tenth mini collage from my personal Mini Collage Challenge.  For those of you just joining me on my blog, I challenged myself to create one 2" x 2" mini collage a day for at least 30 days.  I haven't always been true to creating a collage a day, but I am pleased with my progress!
This mini collage was created while I was on a layover on my flight back to Denver from Doha, Qatar.  While in Doha I was able to visit the Museum of Islamic Art.  The building itself was gorgeous, let alone the art and artifacts found inside.  I decided to take one of the pamphlets I was given in the museum and cut it up to create this mini collage.  I also added additional pattern and detail with a Sepia marker and a white gel pen.  I love the idea of using ephemera from my travels to memorialize my journey in these mini collages!

No comments: