Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Mini-Collage Challenge #9

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Do those creative things you love to do, even if their only purpose is to make the rest of your life better. - Jill Badonsky
Sometimes we may ask ourselves why we are bothering to create at all.  Maybe we put off creating because we have a laundry list of things to do and somehow, when we begin to rank things, creating falls to the bottom of our list.  Why do we give it such little credence, particularly if our heart's yearnings are telling us otherwise?  Why do we give it short shrift when ignoring the urge to create leaves us unsettled and even annoyed.  If you need to find a purpose that will bring creating back to the top of your list, consider how much better the rest of your life would feel if you indulged your innate need to create!  As Jill Badonsky says, "Do those creative things you love to do, even if their only purpose is to make the rest of your life better!"
Today I am sharing my next 2" x 2" mini collage from my mini collage challenge that I gave myself.  I've been carrying 2" x 2" pieces of watercolor paper with me when I travel so that I can indulge my urge to create whenever the urge strikes.  In this way, I can do the creative things I love to do no matter where I am :)

2 comments:

Paula Farrington said...

I adore mini-collages AND Jill Badonsky! Thanks for sharing your lovely art :-)

Lorraine said...

I'm liking what you're doing way more than what I am doing, but I am enjoying doing it. This is so sweet.