Friday, July 07, 2017

Collage Identity

I attended a wonderful workshop at the Art Students League of Denver that was a part of the Visiting Artist Series.  The workshop was led by artist Xochi Solis who currently has work on exhibit at the Denver Art Museum.  She created such a wonderful environment for experimenting and playing with collage!  The afternoon session focused on the theme of Identity.  This is the collage I worked on...I still am not sure if it is done, but I decided I would share it with you anyway :)  I haven't played much with collage and I'm beginning to wonder if it might be a great challenge for me to create a collage a day for 30 days...I will let you know what I decide :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I like the way you've balanced everything atop the ballet dancer. And the juxtaposition of the animals and hands with the people bodies is great. Looks like it was fun and thought provoking.