Monday, February 23, 2009

Today's Lesson from the Craft Room: Take a break!

Today's challenge on SCS was a lot of fun! We had to make a card by stamping with rubber bands wrapped around a stamp block...a ton of fun...as long as you don't snap yourself with the rubber bands (yes, I did it twice...ouch!).

I started the morning with a 7 a.m. conference call and by lunch time I was sooooo ready for a break. I thought...where better to take a break than the craft room?! So off I went to tackle the challenge and I had a ton of fun!!!! Sometimes you just need to take a little break from whatever you are doing...it can change everything :)

I used my sizzix clear flower die for the large blush blossom flower and sponged the edges with blush blossom ink. I punched ovals from sahara sand and then sprayed them with a little water and "crunched" them and then sponged the edges with sahara sand ink. The background was made by wrapping rubber bands around a block and inking it up with versamark and then embossing the image with clear embossing powder once it was stamped. Hope you enjoy...and thanks for taking a break with me :)

No comments: