Monday, April 20, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Wait 5 Minutes...

It's been awhile since I've dine an SC challenge so today I decided to give the gesso resist technique challenge a try!

It seems that lately I'm learning that if I just wait 5 minutes things can change. Especially if I'm angry or sad or frustrated...most of those emotions that I really don't enjoy feeling for extended periods of time...if I just wait 5 minutes I'm usually amazed at how things improve, how my mind starts to focus on all that I am grateful for. This project reminded me of that...since to let that gesso dry, you really need to wait 5 minutes :)

I applied gesso to a page from an old dictionary. I stamped the butterflies in versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. I then sponged with lots of different colors - they all blended together quite beautifully - reminds me of a Monet painting. I used white embossing powder on vellum for the wings of the center butterfly. I hope you enjoy it...and if you're feeling blue, or frustrated or just out of sorts, wait 5 minutes...you may be surprised at how things change!

No comments: