Saturday, May 16, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Squirrels Like Lettuce!

OK - call me naive. I figured that since we feed the birds (and therefore the squirrels) nuts, nuts and more nuts in the morning that they would leave the lettuce plants alone...WRONG! I got back from the dog walk this morning to find that while the radish plants are just starting to grow, the lettuce is shrinking! The squirrels have figured out that salad is a great appetizer before the nuts. So it looks like part of the weekend will be spent building a cage/walled fortress/moat to keep the squirrels off the lettuce...wish me luck!

This card for today's Inspiration Challenge was inspired by the pompom pillow on the chair in this room http://www.countryliving.com/homes/m...-makeover-0109. This card was simple, but I love how fun it is...I have a feeling this is a card that will not work well with an envelope :) (fyi, the finished size is 3.5"x3.5") Hope you like it!

No comments: