Sunday, August 16, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Sometimes It's Healthy To Know How To Bite Your Tongue

There are times when I want to "blurt" in response to some things I hear people say. I have learned that sometimes it is better to hold my "blurt" back and bite my tongue. This is particularly helpful when I feel that the point of the conversation really isn't to learn from one another. I sometimes find that certain people or certain topics seem to trigger me - I'm still not sure why they trigger me the way that they do. But what I find is that if I "blurt" or go on the attack, it never makes me feel better. So now I'm learning to just bite my tongue and let it pass. It seems to make me feel a lot better (and probably the other person too!).

Today's card was inspired by a tag from a bathing suit I bought a while back at Target. I loved the colors on the tag! It probably would have been best to use Groovy Guava (a retired SU color), but I wanted to use supplies that are all current with SU!. The colors are very vanilla, sahara sand, ruby red, and apricot appeal. I ran some white organza ribbon across the apricot appeal stamp pad to color it. Hope you like it!

No comments: