Thursday, September 17, 2009

URGR8

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Sometimes It's Nice To Stay Close To Home


I had a few appointments scheduled for today - nothing urgent. After my morning walk with Buddy I was just feeling like it was a good day to stay close to home. I'm not sure where the feeling came from - I just knew to trust it. So now I am breathing deeply and enjoying the craft room and recognizing that sometimes it's just nice to stay close to home :) Hope you have some peaceful home time today too!


When I saw that today's SCS challenge was to use numbers in some way, I immediately starting thinking about license plates that try to spell out words with numbers...and here's what I came up with! The numbers were all die-cut. I die cut the u and r out of card stock and the G, R and 8 out of both chipboard and card stock. The letters were all sponged with their respective colors and I sponged the G and R with black for some added dimension. The background was run through the Big Shot with a texturz plate. I died the very vanilla ribbon by running it across the rich razzleberry ink pad while pressing it tightly against the pad by holding it in place with a sponge (since I didn't want razzleberry fingers :). The ribbon was attached with a clip. I hope you like it!

No comments: