Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fall Flair Thank You


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Never Miss A Good Chance To Shut Up :)

Today's Lesson comes from a great little book called Don't Squat With Yer Spurs On!: A Cowboy's Guide To Life by Texas Bix Bender. I love this little lesson - one that I wish I could observe more often. It seems that much of what I say on a daily basis could really go unsaid - I could conserve my energy and my words and only speak when it really mattered. I think it would be embarrassing to record everything we say in a day and play it back and listen to it. What would we think? Today I am going to explore the power of silence and recognize that my words are powerful and can be reserved for moments that really require that power. How about you?

Today's card was inspired by the scene outside my window :) Lots of falling leaves here in Colorado! I did a little gold embossing and cut out and popped up a few of the leaves. Hope you like it!

No comments: