Monday, October 26, 2009

Glitter Birthday Card


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  The Only Way To Drive Cattle Fast Is Slowly

I turned to the book Don't Squat With Yer Spurs On! by Texas Bix Bender for today's lesson.  This book cracks me up and has some incredibly important messages for life.  I was waiting in line the other day at a craft store and I could feel the woman behind me getting frustrated at having to wait in line.  It seems we  live in a society where the concept of "waiting" has become obsolete - or at least we want it to be obsolete.  We want it all now and waiting is not an option.  Why are we in such a hurry?  What has happened to enjoying the journey and focusing less on the destination.  Today I hope that I can go slow and enjoy the drive :)

This card came together very quickly.  I used the Big Shot and the Simple Alphabet dies to cut the letters.  I used heat and stick powder to adhere the silver glitter.  The greeting is from the Happy Everything stamp set (#115235) - I just got this set and I love how it has a greeting for just about every occasion!  I cut the prongs off of the rhinestone brad and adhered it to the card with a mini glue dot.  Hope you like it!

No comments: