Saturday, December 26, 2009

Season of Friendship - Inspiration Challenge


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Stop Trying To Be Clever And Allow Yourself To Just Be

I know that sometimes when I go to post a card or a lesson from the craft room, I wonder what you all will think.  Will it be good enough?  Will it be clever enough?  Will you think I have talent?  And yes, I do care what you think.  Sometimes, though, caring what others think gets in my way - I freeze - I can't think of the next lesson from the craft room or I'm afraid to post my card - especially if it's experimental.  What I continue to learn is that I really need to stop "trying" and just allow myself to be.  I won't always be clever or gifted or talented - but what I will be, is me :)

Today's card was inspired by this painting http://www.poshtots.com/Decor/Wall-Art-by-Theme/Popular-Artwork-for-Girls/Silhouetted-Bird-on-Blue-Hand-Painted-Canvas/23/1446/1344/17881/PoshProductDetail.aspx.  I made the bird using punches (I cheated a bit on the legs since I took the scissors out after I punched from the word window punch).  I sponged the bird with chocolate chip and popped him up on dimensionals to give him some dimension.  The tree, flowers, leaves and greeting were all heat embossed.  Hope you like it!

1 comment:

jovialjudi said...

I hope you read my post on your card at SCS today. You said so eloquently what I have been feeling . I love your work! And was glad to find you have a blog as I will be checking it out often. Hugs!!