Monday, January 04, 2010

Clean and Simple Valentine - Define Your Life


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Simplify

Whenever I set out to do a clean and simple card I am reminded of how important simplifying can be.  It seems that "clutter" is something I do well - I clutter my mind, my craft room...okay, not just the craft room, the house too!  I can clutter my words and my thoughts, as well as my cards.  I like this definition of simple:  plain, basic, or uncomplicated in form, nature, or design; without much decoration or ornamentation.  I would like to try to bring more simplicity into my life, into my words and into my actions.  May today be a simple day for you :)

The thought for this card for today's clean and simple challenge on SCS - a Valentine's card, came to me during my walk with Buddy.  I used a heart punch to punch through some acetate in order to make a heart stencil.  I then sponged pixie pink, pretty in pink, and pale plum to make the 3 hearts.  I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to align the xoxo stamp from Define Your Life.  So simple, and yet so clear in its message.  I hope you like it!

No comments: