Thursday, January 21, 2010

Love Bandit


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Bake Something :)

I have been thinking about baking some coconut cookies for weeks now, but the thought has not turned into action.  Today, that's changing!  I'm headed to the kitchen and I'm going to bake those cookies (and likely eat some too!)!  I can't wait for the smell of those cookies to fill the house!  Instead of opening that package of pre-made baked goods, try your hand at baking something.  You will make the house smell delicious and you will likely make someone's day if you share the fruits of your labor!

I woke up wanting to use the Love Bandit stamp set and this was the perfect challenge for it!  I stamped the adorable raccoon on going gray cs, cut him out, and colored the heart with real red.  Of course I had to add some dazzling diamonds to make the heart sparkle ;)  The tree stump was stamped with chocolate chip onto creamy caramel cs and cut out.  The melon mambo background was run through the big shot with the perfect polka dots embossing folder.  Hope you like it!!!!

stamp set:  Love Bandit
card stock:  whisper white, melon mambo, chocolate chip, creamy caramel
ink:  chocolate chip, basic black, real red (marker)
accessories:  dazzling diamonds, chocolate chip satin ribbon, perfect polka dots embossing folder, big shot

Here is another version of the same card - just a bit simpler!  For this card I didn't do any cutting out.  I just stamped the tree stump and then stamped the owl on top of the stump.  The greeting is from the Tiny Tags stamp set.  I used markers to color the stamp so that I could have a multicolored greeting!  Hope you like it!!!!  I'll let my stamp-a-stack participants choose which version they would like to make.  Some people just cringe when a card involves cutting things out! :)



4 comments:

Melissa said...

Do you do anything different than the recommended sandwich for dry embossing with your Big Shot? Your dry embossing with your Big Shot pops a whole lot more than mine. . .mine is barley noticeable in person, let alone show up in a photograph.

Michelle Joy Wecksler said...

Thanks for your question Melissa! I really don't do anything different - although sometimes I will leave Tab 1 down on the multipurpose platform to create more pressure on the embossing folder v. not having Tab 1 down. You might also want to try adding a "shim" underneath your cutting plate to see if that can create more pressure as well - that might help too. Let me know if either of those suggestions work! I can also try to do a video to show you what I'm doing so we can compare notes :)

Melissa said...

Well, I tried leaving Tab 1 down, and I couldn't even get it through the machine. I tried added a second piece of card stock to apply more pressure. I just don't know why it doesn't work as well for me as for others or what I'm doing wrong that I barely get a dry emboss! It's good to know, though, that it's just me, so that gives me hope. LOL!

Michelle Joy Wecksler said...

Hmmmm - wish I could come and help! I may try to post a video so that you can see what I'm doing. I forgot to ask if you are using an embossing folder or if you are using the polka dot texture plates. I find that it's more difficult to get a deep impression with the texture plates. I'll see if I can pull together a video - that way, at least, you can see how I go about running it through the Big Shot and then maybe we'll figure it out! :)