Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Upsy Daisy!


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  No One Can Make Your Decisions For You

Yes?  No?  Maybe?  Should I?  Shouldn't I?  I don't know about you, but these questions take up a lot of my time.  There are some areas where I am incredibly decisive and can make my mind up in a snap.  There are other areas, however, where my mind is like a see-saw!  Up, down, yes, no...I just can't make up my mind!  When it happens I sometimes reach out to someone close to me and ask them something like this, "Am I crazy if I do this?"  And, if the friend is truly a friend, what they say in response is, "It doesn't matter what I think.  This is your decision.  What would you like to do?"  Darn it!  Why can't they just make the decision for me?  Why?  Because it is my decision to make and the consequences are mine as well.  They are reminding me that no one can decide for me and no one else can take responsibility for the decisions I make (which means I can't blame anyone else if I'm not happy with the outcome of my decision).  What I need to investigate is why certain decisions come so easily and why I struggle with other decisions...but that is for another day and another lesson from the craft room :)  What decisions do you find difficult to make?  I have to admit that some of the difficult ones for me seem to be about whether or not I should purchase more crafting supplies...now why would I feel guilty about that?!

This sketch challenge card started with the sketch and the desire to combine Crushed Curry and Basic Black.  I tried to stick with the basics:  stamp, paper, ink...and threw in a touch of ribbon and dazzling diamonds.  I hope you like it!

No comments: