Monday, January 11, 2010

Yikes! Crazy Love!


Tonight's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Just Go And Visit!

Today I learned that a friend is sick.  Not the kind of sick that you take 2 aspirin for and you feel better in the morning, but the kind of sick that requires surgery and making sure your will is in order and your mind keeps racing at night.  The minute I found out I knew I wanted to go over to his house and visit and I was scared.  I was scared about what I would say and how I would act.  And, I went.  What I realize now is that it doesn't matter what you say or how you act - what matters is that you go and visit.  Visiting provided an hour where he was able to laugh and forget for a few minutes the road that is stretching out before him right now.  Visiting was good medicine for both of us!

Tonight's card has an appropriate name - Crazy Love - 'cuz I've gotta admit this card is a little crazy! :)  The challenge on SCS was to combine rich razzleberry, chocolate chip, and pretty in pink...and, if you wanted, houndstooth.  I stamped a bunch of flowers over each other with chocolate chip ink onto the pretty in pink card stock and have to admit it's a bit ugly...but hearts can make even the ugliest paper or situation a bit brighter - so hearts I stamped :)  I added glitter - since glitter can also make things a bit brighter...and here's the result.  My neutrals are black and white (black is a neutral, isn't it?!) so that I could add a touch of houndstooth.  Hope you like it, but if you don't, I at least hope you enjoyed our visit :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I like it. It looks like the background was done with an etch-a-sketch.