Saturday, February 20, 2010

Paper Piecing - Lark Inspiration

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Make It Up As You Go Along

I made spinach lasagna for dinner last night.  It's not like me to go "off recipe," but I thought a little spinach might be nice...and maybe some extra cheese...ooh, and throw some additional sauce on top just for the heck of it!  I was very pleased when it came out of the oven and turned out great!  Sometimes we need to make it up as we go along.  Sometimes we will love the result, sometimes we won't, but at least we'll have fun doing it!

Today's inspiration came from this tea towel from Lark.  I paper pieced the tree and then used white embossing powder for the leaves, stars and the grass.  Those adorable owls are from the Love Bandits set - I colored the stamp with a ballet blue marker so that I could hand draw the eyes so they could be looking at each other :)  I hope you like it!

No comments: