Sunday, February 14, 2010

Clean and Simple Masculine Birthday

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Find Your Bliss!

It snowed last night.  Buddy was sooooo excited to go outside!  We went for a beautiful, peaceful walk and then stopped in the park and sat in the snow and watched the neighborhood children sled down the hill.  Well, Buddy watched the children and I watched Buddy.  I could tell this was his perfect place - a beautiful dog lying in the snow watching the distance.  He found his bliss.  I find my bliss when I am in the craft room creating - it's that perfect place - a perfect sense of "rightness."  What's your bliss?  If you're not sure, keep searching - you will definitely know when you find it!

Today's card came together very quickly - it actually came into my mind when I woke up this morning.  I stamped the dot, dot, dot stamp as a background in chocolate chip (I stamped off the chocolate chip once on a piece of scrap paper before stamping onto the card).  The Four Square birthday greeting is also stamped in chocolate chip.  I punched it out with a 1 1/4" square punch and adhered it to a 2"x2" square of chocolate chip card stock.  I popped up the greeting/chocolate chip squares on dimensionals and adhered it to the card.  So simple, yet it packs a graphic punch!  I hope you like it!

stamps:  Four Square, Dot, Dot, Dot
card stock:  Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
ink:  chocolate chip
accessories:  1 1/4" square punch, dimensionals

No comments: