Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Gesso Background Paper - Artistic Etchings Sneak Peek!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Keep Going!

Part way through my run today I was having a debate in my mind of whether to stop altogether.  I felt like I was running through mud...well, I kind of was...and I was getting down about how slow my progress was.  The pull to head inside and call it a day was strong.  And, I decided not to give in.  Instead, I kept going and I am so glad that I did.  When you keep going you prove to yourself that you can move through your obstacles and make it to the other side!  When you keep pursuing something you love, you are sending a clear intention into the Universe that what you are doing matters and is worth doing.  In my experience, the Universe reacts accordingly.  So whatever it is that you are passionate about - whatever truly matters to you, Keep Going!

Today's card is a continuation of yesterday's experimenting with gesso!  This time I started with a piece of Sahara Sand card stock and used a plastic hotel key (like a credit card) to apply gesso to the card stock - it felt like I was stuccoing the card :)  Since I couldn't bare to wait for it to dry, I used my heat tool to hurry the process along :)  I sprayed the card with alcohol mixed with shimmer paint (smooch spritz will create the same effect) and then stamped the card with images from Charming and Artistic Etchings.  I stamped the images in Basic Gray at half strength.  The final touches were the Pretties Kit flowers and pearl, a greeting from Elements of Style and a bit of Hodgepodge Hardware.  I hope you like it!  Time is running out to pick up some of these great accessories that are being discontinued (like the Pretties Kit!)!  Hurry and shop HERE now!

No comments: