Monday, June 28, 2010

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  There Is Something To Be Said For Consistency

There are those restaurants that you go to because you always know that the service and food will be good, no matter when you go.  I'd like to believe that people view my blog and my workshops the same way - that as long as they show up, they will have a good time - they will enjoy what they discover.  In order for that to happen I need to be consistent - with my workshops, my posts, my creating.  The great thing about consistency is that it also pays me back!  By showing up every day at my blog, by being consistent with my visits to the craft room, by planning consistent workshops, I'm able to move forward in my creative journey.  There is something to be said for consistency!

Today's card was inspired by a pre-sleep thought :)  I wondered what it would be like to try and dry emboss the top note shape.  So, I die cut the top note from chipboard and temporarily adhered it to the back of the front of my card and ran around the edge with my embossing stylus (I rubbed was paper over the front of the card first in order to allow the stylus to move more smoothly around the edge of the top note).  I then used the "negative" from the die cut to create a mask on the front of the card and stamped the Baroque Motifs image.  I am loving Early Espresso - it is such a rich brown!  I added a tiny bit of stickles to give the card a little sparkle.  Next time I'm going to try this technique with a chipboard that is a little thinner - it was hard to keep the card stock from creasing while using such a thick chipboard.  I hope you like it!!!!

No comments: