Monday, July 05, 2010

Punch Background With Gesso

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Appreciate The Freedom That Creativity Brings!

As I reflect on this holiday weekend - a weekend where we celebrate our independence and our freedom, I realize how much freedom creativity brings.  Freedom from the day-to-day grind.  Freedom from our worries.  Freedom from time.  Creativity is an incredibly significant gift that life brings us.  To show your appreciation, don't squander the gift.  Express your appreciation by expressing your creativity!  After all, only you can bring to life the art that lives inside of you!

Hmmm, so I don't even know where to begin to try and describe the process and many, many steps that I took to make this card - particularly the background.  I'll do my best!  It began with a piece of Whisper White card stock and some butterflies punched out using my butterfly punch.  I adhered the butterflies to the background and then the craziness began.  Let's just say there is white gesso, gesso dyed with Tempting Turquoise ink, dry foam brushing of Certainly Celery and Pretty In Pink ink and  some sponging of colors like Garden Green, Rose Red and I'm sure something else :)  Ooh, and I can't forget a bit of Frost White shimmer paint on top.  And, even though you can't see it, I actually used my Friendly Words jumbo wheel on the background with Certainly Celery ink.  I used the spritzer tool too to add some Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise and Pretty In Pink ink.  Then, believe it or not, I went and took a 90 minute nap :)  Then I came back to the card and started layering and making the focal images.  I used my Beautiful Butterflies die for the large butterfly - in Bashful Blue.  Then rolled it with Tempting Turquoise ink and the Friendly Words wheel.  Sponged the edges with Rich Razzleberry and added a dash of dazzling diamonds.  Some half pearls down the middle finished the butterfly.  I used Confetti card stock for the greeting from Friends 24-7 stamped in Rich Razzleberry and outlined in cosmos fine glitter.  Finally a few buttons, some linen thread, and a strip of dotted Rich Razzleberry ribbon.  Phew!  I think I need another nap! :)  I hope you like it!  If you don't have dazzling diamonds, frost white shimmer paint, or the Beautiful Butterflies die, it might be time for you to shop HERE now! :)

No comments: