Thursday, September 09, 2010

Coloring Your Stamping With Colored Pencils

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Know What Is Most Precious To You

As I sit here in Denver, I am keenly aware that a fire is raging outside of Boulder.  Many people have lost their homes in the fire around Lefthand Canyon and Sunshine Canyon.  I keep praying for rain and for the strength of the firefighters and comfort for those experiencing such loss during this time.  At the same time I wonder what would I do...what if someone said to me "you have 5 minutes to evacuate your home" - what would I do?  What is most precious to me are not my things - they are the souls that surround me - my first instinct would be to grab my companions - 2 and 4-legged alike and beyond that to believe that I would be okay.  It does make me wonder about taking action about some things though - like scanning old family photos and keeping them on a disc somewhere outside of my home - or keeping a fire box within easy reach.  They say there are lessons from every challenging situation.  As I watch the fire in the hills on tv, I am moved to consider what is most precious to me.

For today's card I broke out the colored pencils - something I hadn't done in ages!  I used the Upsy Daisy stamp set along with a greeting from Sincere Salutations.  Of course, I had to add some dazzling diamonds for bling...and yes, it is all over me :)  I hope you like it!  For anyone celebrating the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah this week, I wish you a year of health, happiness, peace and art! :)

No comments: