Monday, September 06, 2010

Friends Fur-ever Birthday with Paper Pieced Cupcake!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You Are Interesting!

I was walking Buddy the other day and a woman was walking down her driveway.  Buddy immediately became curious and decided to go and greet her.  As he was walking over the woman smiled and said, "I'm not too interesting."  I was struck by the contradiction - smiling while saying the words "I'm not too interesting."  Once again I was reminded of the power of the words we speak.  Why do we want to tell ourselves, even if we are joking, that we are not too interesting?  We are interesting - each and every one of us in our own very special way.  We have to be conscious of the messages we say to ourselves and the ones we verbalize - even when joking.  I'm not sure our subconscious can tell the difference.  You are interesting and I appreciate your visit :)

Today's paper pieced cupcake came to me in a waking dream and I thought it would go perfectly with this furry friend from the Friend Fur-ever stamp set.  Here's a video to show you how:

No comments: