Friday, September 03, 2010

Four Ways Friday #20 - Round Tab Punch and Poppin' Pastels Video

Welcome to another Four Ways Friday!  Today I decided to play with punches and show you four ways to use the Round Tab Punch.
This first card uses the round tab punch in a very traditional way.  I punched a piece of Crumb Cake card stock using the round tab punch and then stamped the "happy halloween" greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink.  The tab was then adhered to the back of the Pumpkin Pie layer on this card.
Did you know that the round tab punch makes a great nose?! :)  This box was inspired by a video by Amy Manhart (Thanks Amy!).  You can view Amy's video HERE.  I made the box with some slight differences, including color changes.  You can also find some other wonderful Halloween characters online that use the round tab punch for a nose as well.  I've seen a witch, Frankenstein, and a few others.  What fun!
I used the poppin' pastels technique with the Medallion stamp to make this simple card.  I have created a video to show you how.  Here's the video:


You never know what you'll come up with when you spend time playing with your punches! :)  I created this gumball machine after a friend showed me a gumball machine birthday invitation she had received.  I thought...hmmm...gumball machine...I bet I can make one using punches!  Here is the finished result!  It is difficult to see, but I punched a piece of window sheet/transparency so that the gumball machine globe looks like glass.

There are so many things you can do with your round tab punch.  You might enjoying watching this video by a woman named Catherine (I'm sorry I don't know her last name).  Talk about a lot of ways to use a single punch!  She does an amazing job of showing all the different things this wonderful punch can do!  Thanks Catherine!  And thank YOU for joining me for another Four Ways Friday!  Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: