Monday, November 15, 2010

A Great Way To Use Scrap Strips!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Find Magic In What Others May See As Waste!
I keep a small container on my craft table where I place little strips and scraps of paper.  I've been collecting them for the day when I decide to try out making handmade paper.  Needless to say they've been sitting there a long time!  So today I decided to try to do something with those small strips of paper and a bit of magic happened :)  I took a bunch of the thin strips and used a glue stick to adhere them to a scrap piece of paper (copy weight, not card stock).  I then used my decorative label punch to punch out the stripes.  Here's what the punched paper looks like...
I stamped the "birthday" from Curly Cute in Versamark and heat embossed with silver embossing powder.  The "happy" from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (from the Happy New Year stamp) was stamped in Tempting Turquoise onto a scrap strip of Whisper White card stock and then popped up on the label with 1/2 of a dimensional.  I added a few rhinestone jewels for some bling.  Finally, I took a couple of build-a-wheel wheels and wheeled them onto the Pretty In Pink card stock with Pretty In Pink ink.  I also stamped a few cupcakes (from Short & Sweet) and the "happy" and "birthday" on the background as well!  I hope you like it!  What magic can you make today????

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I always love it when someone repurposes something in their work. You've repurposed your scraps in a great way that's fun and frugal.