Friday, December 24, 2010

Die Cut Magnets

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Cookie Dough Is Not An Ingredient!
I was watching tv the other night and a Pillsbury commercial came on.  The commercial claimed that you could bake cookies with just 3 ingredients and my ears perked up....until I heard what they meant by 3 ingredients...cookie dough, icing and sprinkles!  Since when is "cookie dough" (let alone icing and sprinkles) an ingredient????  What I really wonder is how many ingredients are ACTUALLY in those cookies that Pillsbury is claiming can be made with just 3 ingredients...I might have to go to the store and start counting.  I bet that I'll need 2 columns - one column for the ingredients on the labels of the cookie dough, icing and sprinkles that I can actually pronounce and one column for all of the ingredients I can't pronounce!  No Pillsbury, I likely can't make a cookie from 3 real ingredients, but I can say that whatever I do make with real ingredients will be a lot healthier for me and the ones that I love than the cookies you are selling :) (Okay, I'll get off of my soap box now...but I reserve the right to get back on it at a later date :)
Four Ways Friday will return next Friday.  For today I wanted to share with you a fun gift that I am giving to my friend Emily for her birthday.  Each of these is a refrigerator magnet!  I had thought about spraying them with an acrylic sealer, but since I hadn't tested the ribbon with the sealer, I didn't want to take the chance.  I'll have to try the sealer out another time and see how that works since I think it would make the magnets keep their pretty look for a lot longer.  The letters were die cut from the piece of white chipboard that comes with the Stampin' Up! designer series paper (don't throw that chipboard out - you can definitely use it!).  I then used Tombo Mono multi adhesive to adhere the fine silver glitter and then covered the glittered letters with Crystal Effects and let them dry.  I used mini glue dots to adhere all of the little ribbon loops.  Here is a close up of one of the magnets...I hope you like them!

No comments: