Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bliss Collage Stamping

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You Can Create A Lot Of Color With One Color!
I never thought that this card would be described as having "lots of color," but that was exactly what Michael said when I showed the card to him!  As I looked at the card a bit more closely after his comment, I realized that you can create a lot of color and contrast with just one color.  I used different shades of brown - Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, and Early Espresso to create this card.  This is one of those "build it from the ground up" kind of cards.  I started with the idea to make some paper flowers and then, once they were sewn to the card front, I just kept embossing and stamping and spraying...there was no stopping me :)  Challenge yourself to see what kind of texture and contrast you can create with one color - you'll be surprised how much color you can create!
Today is the last day to get ahold of this beautiful Bliss Sale-a-bration stamp set!  The flower, the butterfly and the vintage-looking leafy image (what else would you call it?) are all a part of the set!  Today is the last day of Sale-a-bration and your last chance to get a free stamp set, like this Bliss set, with a $50 product purchase.  Feel free to shop HERE now :)  For this card I combined the Bliss stamp set with words from Fabulous Phrases and a definition from Define Your Life.  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: