Wednesday, March 30, 2011

So Cute & Fabulous Phrases Cupcake Birthday Card

Today's Question From The Craft Room:  Is Too Much Of A New Technique A Bad Thing?!
Are you sick of cupcakes with faux frosting yet??? :)  I have to admit that I have fallen in love with this technique!  It's not a new technique, but it was new to me and I'm loving it!  I moved on from making the pink frosting to combining some white craft ink with the Crystal Effects and clear embossing powder and voila!  Vanilla frosting!!!!  Yummmmy!!!!  If you haven't yet seen my video on how to make this faux frosting, you can check it out HERE.
For this card I ran a piece of Bermuda Bay (retired) card stock through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I then used the scallop square punch to punch squares from Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White and Daffodil Delight card stock.  I made 4 of the little cupcakes using the cupcake stamp from the So Cute stamp set (this was one of the sets I chose as a FREE Sale-a-bration set)!  I stamped the greeting using words from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set and Real Red and Tempting Turquoise ink.  A button with a bit of crochet thread adds a finishing touch!  I hope you like it...and I'll try to do something other than cupcakes for the rest of the week....but I can't promise :)

No comments: