Friday, April 01, 2011

Four Ways Friday #43 - Sock Monkey Accessories Stamp Set

This week's Four Ways Friday is all about using the Sock Monkey Accessories stamp set...whether or not you have the Sock Monkey set too!  I actually don't have the Sock Monkey set, but I find plenty of ways to put the Accessories stamp set to good use!
A simple way to use the Sock Monkey Accessories stamp set is to just stamp and color the images on their own!  Here I stamped the Easter basket with VersaMark and heat embossed using black embossing powder.  I then colored the image using markers.  A bit of dimension was added with some dazzling diamonds and a touch of Crystal Effects.  The greeting is from A Good Egg stamp set.  Striped grosgrain ribbon and punching with the eyelet border punch finish the look!
You can repeat the stamped images too!  This is a simple, one-layer card.  I began by stamping the greeting from Bring On The Cake and colored it in with markers.  Then I stamped gift box image from Sock Monkey Accessories.  I used my black marker to ink up the stamp so that I could stamp the bottom boxes without the box (ie I did not ink up the bow part of the rubber stamp with the marker).  I inked up the full stamp for the last box.  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to help me align the boxes.  I then colored using markers and added some dazzling diamonds and Crystal Effects - sooooo easy!
You can also stamp, cut, and paper piece your images too!  I LOVE this adorable little ice cream cone!  I stamped the image twice onto Whisper White card stock.  First with Crumb Cake ink and then with Pink Pirouette ink.  I then cut out the full Crumb Cake stamped image and cut out only the ice cream scoop on the Pink Pirouette image.  I then used glue to adhere dyed sand to the ice cream scoop - here is a close up...
The greeting is a combination of the "so" from one of the stamps in Teeny Tiny Wishes and "sweet" from another stamp set (I can't remember which one...oops!).
And just because the accessories were made for Sock Monkey, that doesn't mean you can't use them with other characters! :)  Here I combined the bunny ears with one of the monsters from the Make a Monster stamp set!  The ears fit perfectly!  I colored the monster in and even added a bit of Crystal Effects on the inner part of the ears.  The googly eyes give him even more whimsy!  The greeting is a combination of "happy easter" from A Good Egg and "earthling" from the Greetings, Earthling stamp set.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  Happy April Fool's Day!!!!!  Have a wonderful and creative weekend!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently discovered your blog, and it has quickly become one of my favourites. I love your style! Your cards offer so much inspiration, and I enjoy your writing. Thank you for sharing your talent.
-Doris