Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Friends Furever Bat Mitzvah Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Addiction Can Creep Up On You!
Don't worry, it's nothing illegal!  But boy did the addiction creep up on me...sneaky little thing!  It began with an innocent search for a retired stamp set...at least I thought it was innocent!  And all of a sudden, I was addicted!  Scouring pages and pages of pictures and descriptions for the next retired stamp set.  You know you've got it bad when you start setting your timer in the kitchen to go off so that you can run to your computer and place a bid at the last moment to try to win an item!  It was amazing how quickly the act of sitting at the computer and going through listings started to take up my life and disjoint my days.  Ugh!  It was not a good feeling and that disjointed feeling overpowered the good feeling I thought I would have when I did win auctions.  I am happy to say that I've got the addiction under control.  It had me for about a week and I must confess, I did quite a bit of damage.  Looking back it really does amaze me how your life can be moving along just fine - totally oblivious to the fact that there is a ton of on-line shopping going on around you - and then you can get sucked in!  So, wish me luck in keeping the lion of on-line craft shopping tamed!  I am much better off spending my time creating than sitting around watching timers count down to zero...
Today's card is for a very special young girl who is having her Bat Mitzvah celebration in April.  She loves animals - especially dogs - so I thought it would be fun to incorporate a dog into her card.  I stamped the dog with basic black ink and colored him in with my River Rock marker.  His color was colored in with Regal Rose and then I added some dazzling diamonds.  I added a piece of designer paper for the ground and then stamped the small flower from Short & Sweet multiple times and added a touch of dazzling diamonds to the centers of the flowers.  The star is from the L'Chayim (retired) stamp set and was stamped with versamark and heat embossed with silver embossing powder.  I cut out the star and added it to the top of the string with a dimensional.  The "congratulations" from Well Scripted (retired) was heat embossed with silver embossing powder and the bat mitzvah greeting from L'Chayim was stamped in Regal Rose.  The Pear Pizazz background was run through the Big Shot with the Finnial Press embossing folder.  A bit of white organza ribbon finishes the look!  I hope you like it!

No comments: