Monday, March 14, 2011

Music Notes Wheeled Background

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Keep Up The Habit
This blog has been a very good creative coach for me :)  It reminds me to try to create something every day.  There are times when the reminder isn't enough to get me creating - sometimes I just need a break to allow the creative muse to rest.  But most of the time I appreciate that this coach pushes me to create even during those times when I'm not in the mood.  It reminds me of when I trained for the marathon.  Because I had the goal of the race, I went out to run during my training even on those days when I just didn't want to.  What I found is that I usually felt better afterwards, or it led me to really appreciate those days when I couldn't wait to get my run in!  I figure if I keep up the creative habit I will truly cherish those times when the creative juices flow freely and I will appreciate the times of struggle.  I just need to keep up the habit and it will help me fulfill my continuing goal of living a creative life.
Today's card was fun to make!  I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock and stamped the Well Worn stamp using Versamark onto it.  I then heat embossed using clear embossing powder (I know, you can't even tell, but believe me, it's there!).  I then sprayed the piece with a mixture of water and baja breeze reinker and, given my lack of patience, I dried it carefully with my heat tool :)  I then rolled over the piece with the Music Notes wheel and Basic Gray ink.  I then crumpled the heck out of the piece of card stock before sewing it to the front of the card.  I love crumpling - helps me get out any aggression I might be feeling :)  The flowers from the Pretties Kit were added and pearls glued to their centers.  Finally I stamped the greeting from Bring On The Cake with Basic Black and punched it out with the scallop oval punch.  Of course I had to sponge the edges and add a half pearl :)  It was then adhered to the card using a dimensional.

No comments: