Friday, March 18, 2011

Four Ways Friday #41 - Defining Alphabet

This week's Four Ways Friday shows you four ways to use the Defining Alphabet stamp set!
I love using alphabet sets to make personalized note cards to give as gifts.  The Defining Alphabet is great for this since you have the choice to ink up the upper case letter, the lower case letter or both!  I used my marker to ink up the upper case "N" in Riding Hood Red to make these notecards.  Here is a close up of one of the cards:
I used a More Mustard card base and ran a piece of Riding Hood Red card stock through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  I sewed it onto the card with my sewing machine.  I then stamped the Ornate Blossom in More Mustard onto More Mustard card stock and punched it out with the decorative label punch.  I stamped the "N" and the floral image from the Baroque Motifs stamp set and punched that out with a circle punch.  The small button is a faux button, made with the sweet buttons embosslit!  I sewed a piece of striped grosgrain ribbon on the card and then sewed the other elements together to complete the card.
Don't forget about the Simply Adorned jewelry!!!!  The Defining Alphabet provides a great way to personalize a charm!  Here I inked up the upper case "T" with Early Espresso ink and versamark and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then stamped an image from the Bliss SAB stamp set on top of it and added a touch of gold with my Smooch ink.  Here's the other side of the necklace - just in case you're curious ;)
For this third project I decided to use the entire "H" stamp - both upper and lower case.  I stamped the letters in Crumb Cake ink on Natural Ivory card stock (this was my first time using the Natural Ivory card stock and I'm in love!!!!).  I then took the "happy" from Fabulous Phrases and "anniversary" from Fundamental Phrases and stamped them in Early Espresso using my stamp-a-ma-jig to be sure to line them up.  I then took the floral image from the Bliss SAB stamp set and stamped it in versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I stamped the butterfly image from the Bliss set in Versamark onto Vellum and then heat embossed it as well using white embossing powder.  When you emboss on vellum you just need to be sure to move the heat tool around a lot - you don't want to burn the vellum!  Finally, I stitched the butterfly to the card front with my sewing machine and decided to stitch around the perimeter of the card as well.  A few pearl jewels add the final touch.
I decided to make a tag for my last project.  The Defining Alphabet letters provide the perfect backdrop for the definitions in the Define Your Life stamp set.  Here I used Confetti card stock and stamped the letters in River Rock ink.  I stamped over them with the "wish" definition in Early Espresso.  I scalloped the bottom of the tag and then backed the entire tag with a piece of Soft Suede card stock.  I stamped the small bird from the Bliss stamp set and the "happy birthday" from Teeny Tiny Wishes - both in Early Espresso.  I then sewed a piece of striped grosgrain ribbon to the tag with my sewing machine.  A button with some linen thread, a jumbo eyelet added with the crop-a-dile, and a piece of 5/8 grosgrain ribbon in Real Red finish the look.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I hope you have a creative and safe weekend!!!



No comments: