Thursday, May 26, 2011

Nature Walk Journal

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Put Your Whole Body Into It!
On our walk the other day, Buddy and I saw a huge crow standing on the top of a light post.  As we got close, the bird puffed up his entire body (he about doubled in size!) and then let out the loudest caw we had ever heard!!!!  He put his whole body into creating that amazing sound and it was impressive!!!!  I wonder how often I put that much commitment into my art?  When I am creating, do I put my whole body into it?  Or, are there times when my heart and hands are into it and my head is somewhere else?  I aspire to put my whole body into every piece that I create - to be there 100% - head, heart, body, spirit.  I long to be like that crow - so fully committed to the sound he released into the world!
I continue to make these handmade journals to carry with me so that I can record thoughts, observations, questions and lessons.  Have you tried stamping with bubble wrap?  If not, you're missing out on a lot of fun :)  I stamped the Soft Suede base with bubble wrap until I liked the look.  I then sewed the edge of the cover with my sewing machine.  The bird was stamped on a Sahara Sand panel and then colored in with Stampin' pastels.  I used my music notes wheel to add a bit of additional interest to the panel and then cut out words from an old book.  The words were sponged and then adhered to the panel.  Here is a close up of the panel:
 I then sewed around the panel and adhered it to the front cover.  I used string to bind the book and scrap paper for the pages.  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I have not tried the bubblewrap stamping yet. It makes a fun backdrop.