Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Animal Stories Hello Baby Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes The Message We Intend To Send Is Not The One That Gets Received!
No, this card is not intended to tell the recipient that their baby looks like a whale!  Yet, once I completed this card that was all I could think about...I mean, what if I sent this to someone who had a new baby and, in their post-pregnancy haze, they thought I was calling their child a whale!?!  Yikes!  That would not be a good thing!  Sometimes the messages we intend to send are not the ones that get received!  I guess it's just important for us to think about not just what we are trying to say, but also how they might hear it.  This card may have to remain in my "box of experiments" - unless someone knows someone who recently had a baby and named them Whale?
I had a lot of fun creating this card (even if it may never get sent!).  I began with a small piece of Whisper White card stock and a piece of freezer paper.  I rubbed some Tempting Turquoise ink onto the freezer paper and then sprayed it with a bit of water and then a quick spritz of champagne shimmer paint mixed with alcohol.  Then I took the small piece of card stock and pressed it onto the ink mix and lifted it up!  I then waited impatiently for it to dry :)  The words were stamped using Basic Gray ink and the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set.  The die cut letters were ones I had saved from past project scraps.  I have a little hardware box where I keep all my leftover letters for just this type of occasion!  The whale from Animal Stories was stamped and cut out and a touch of dazzling diamonds was added to his spout.  I tore the bottom of the panel and then sponged the edges and mounted it to the card base with dimensionals.  Finally,  I stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I hope you like it :)

No comments: